Bad Moms (2016) I have chose to analyse the film 'Bad Moms' as it shares same features in which I will be displaying within my short 'Laughter'. Being able to look at other films with similar conventions which are usually portrayed within the comedy genre industry and potentially take ideas to then be able to use them myself. A convention I noticed within the film was when anything funny happened for example, one mother fell of a chair onto the floor everything goes silent but the actors say something funny in return to continue the funny moment within the scene. Also whenever a slow mo scene comes along music within the background starts getting louder. It grows and allows the audience that feel of tension as to when the funniest part is coming up. Using this technique is effective as it allows the audience to get ready for the segment. I can use this within my film whenever a funny moment within the film is about to occur.
Here is the trailer I gathered my information from to then be able to analyse.

Spy (2015)
Within Spy there are many different conventions used to make it a comedy film. Using some of these comedy conventions displayed by the main actor who before was in the films 'Bridesmaids and The Heat' as she is the main participant within the role of comedy. For example at first she was a desk lady who operates within the agency behind her desk, but the organisation needed an undercover agent who had never been on the field, she offered and was judged and called a lunch lady, in the most funny way possible. Later on you see her riding of on a scooter(which has a roof attached) and then two seconds later she falls off and asks who has a roof on a scooter... What are you a pope? Also the sounds used when the scooter falls to the side almost as if a squeak was appearing. This displays the whole comedy genre and makes the movie even more funnier. The music involved throughout the film just gets the audience growing to then receive the action which is displayed from the segments.
Here is the trailer I gathered my information from to then be able to analyse.
No comments:
Post a Comment